Muscle soreness or Delayed onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) is the pain and stiffness in the muscle several hours/days after high levels of Exercise. This is thought to be caused by eccentric exercise, which causes microtrauma to the muscle fibres, which results in an inflammatory response, increase in intramuscular fluid, creatine kinase and lactic acid. The increasing accumulation of waste products and fluid in the muscle after exercise can cause a decrease in performance and increased muscle fatigue. These elements must be removed via the venous and lymphatic system to efficiently recover the muscle.
(M.J. Cleak et al, Max R. Paquette et al, Journal of Sports Science)
How the Human Body Removes Metabolic Waste (Lymphatic System)
The lymphatic system is one of the main elimination channels in the body. It is a major factor in the absorption of nutrients from digestion into the tissues and is also how the body removes its metabolic waste. The lymphatic system clears toxins, unwanted proteins and waste which cannot be removed by any other means. Because this system doesn’t have a pump, its functions are dependent upon muscle contractions, diaphragmatic breathing and body movement.
Compression Recovery System
Although the human body naturally excises waste causing soreness and fatigue, this takes time. Compression recovery systems deliver that natural sequential compression and helps flush waste, which is thought, causes the soreness, stress and fatigue in the muscle. Recent scientific studies have shown that lymphatic therapy provides a physiological change that improves muscular recovery.
How it Works
Sequential intermittent pneumatic compression increases venous return, rapidly accelerating the body’s reabsorption of the elements causing soreness and fatigue in the muscle. Specific levels of compression measured in mmHg, increase circulation at all levels of the venous system, Deep Veins, Saphenous veins, Superficial and Perforator veins, effectively removing metabolic waste faster than any traditional mode of recovery or rest alone.
• Improves circulation, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination
• Helps relieves muscle pains
• Releases of nerve compression
• Regular use leads to improvements in pain, stiffness, range of motion and overall function of the joints.
• Improved circulation helps pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs
Why the Air Relax Compression Recovery System
• Is an air compression device with multiple chambers that compress in succession. This system increases blood flow through your muscles, which has been shown to aid sports and other recovery, similar to the effects of a professional massage.
• Pressure range is 0-230 mmHG, one of the highest rated pressure ranges on the market.
• 4 Pressure Levels
• 3 different programmed modes
A = inflates the chambers from the bottom up, one at a time. B = also inflates the chambers from the bottom up, but maintains the pressure in the lowers chambers as it works its way to the top. C = maintains pressure in all chambers at once, and then releases.
• Easy to Use
• Easy to travel with
• One of the best customer services we have experienced.
For a discount with Air Relax Australia, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and use the code THEEDGE.